Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Vintage Apothecary Druggist Travel Box for TaylorMadeCards4U 2019


October 1 2019

Welcome Back Friends,

Hello, Robin here, from TaylorMade4U, inspiration team.

I am so excited to share my project with you today ! I chose to work with the Vintage Apothecary Labels, and I feel in love!


I began my project by calling on a recycled technique I learned as a kid. My brothers were in Cub Scouts and my Mother was their Den Mother, which meant me and my sister were always worked into the scheme if things, as my Father was a firefighter/paramedic and was gone 24 hours a shift.

I began by cutting up a brown paper grocery bag to fit my box. I balled it up and crumpled it up a few times to add wrinkles and to break down the paper to a softer paper. I covered my box with the bag and then distressed with antique linen ink. As a kid we used brown shoe polish for this part, to make our grocery bag vests look like leather that we needed as part of  Indian costume for the pack meeting.




I used one of the labels in the Vintage Apothecary Labels kit on the outside of my box. I added die cut apothecary bottles from my stash, to complete the front of the box.

After lining the inside of the box with kraft paper, I fussy cut out the labels and inked the edges. I went through my stash of bottle stamps and stamped out 5 bottles. After fussy cutting the bottles out, I added foam tape to the back of 4 of the bottles adding one row of tape on 3 and 2 rows of foam tape on one, for added interest and adhere to the back of the box.

The other 3 pieces, I cut a  small rectangle, scored it in the middle, adhere one end on the back of the bottle and the other half on the bottom of the box to create another row of bottles.




To finish the traveling apothecary box, I added a few extra labels and a pen, to the inside lid. 




I am smitten with everything vintage! I found inspirational for my project from my personal collection of apothecary bottles, I have collected over the years in my travels.




Thank You for visiting and as always I appreciate your kind comments

Until Next Time............

Robin

6 comments:

  1. Great use of the labels. I love your apothecary set up. Such fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, Monica, I had fun creating with your labels!

      Delete
  2. Awesome! So creative! You did a great job with your project :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so very much, Janie! I appreciate your continued support and kind comments!

      Delete
  3. Impressive collection, Robin and your project is fantastic. I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You Alina, I have had so much fun, hunting for my collection. My collection is from many states close to me in Ohio. And some of them, I dug out of the Cuyahoga River in my back yard. At one point, early in my city's birth, there was a dance hall and social hall. I have found many of the little perfume bottles, and small glass medicine bottles! It has been a pleasure working with you.

    ReplyDelete

Gecko Galz November Challenges....Victorian Fantasy

 Hello, Join us over at  Gecko Galz Blog  and get your craft on with our theme for this month, Victorian Fantasy! Great prizes to be won, an...