Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Snarky Valentine Shadow Box ATSM 2/2020 #375


Welcome Back Friends,

Happy Valentines Day! Robin here with Addicted To Stamps and More Challenge Blog, sharing my project for February. Our theme is a photo inspired.



I love to use found items, recycled items, or second hand items in my projects, recycle, reduce and reuse. I picked up this box for ,25 cents at a garage sale last summer! It was time to do something with it.


I started by cleaning off the window of the box. Next I cut a piece of card board to fit inside the box. I then covered the cardboard with pattern paper. I used a paper distressing tool and ran that around the image. and inked the edges with walnut stain ink. I then created a mat for my image, using corrugated cardboard, inking the edges and covering it with a piece of red lace. After adhering  my image to the mat, I matted the whole piece one more time on pink pattern paper and inked all edges. I hot glued the framed image to the piece with the pattern paper. I them embellished the upper right hand corner with silk roses and pearl picks. I then tied the box shut with the ribbon on the side and hot glued white heart lace around the edge of the frame on the front of the box. I stamped my snarky sentiment  " I thought we agreed, no more garlic bread" ! I repeated the silk roses and pearl picks above the sentiment to tie the project together.

Grab a box and create, then join us on the challenge blog!

Thank You for visiting and as always I appreciate your kind comments.

Until Next Time......

Robin







4 comments:

  1. What a lovely altered box.. and that snarky sentiment fits the photo so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful n useful take on the photo inspiration, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favourite combination - beauty and snark! Gorgeous box, and the sentiment is the perfect finishing touch. (Do you know about the SIsterhood of Snarky Stampers? We're doing an anti-Valentine challenge at the moment...)

    ReplyDelete

Gecko Galz November Challenges....Victorian Fantasy

 Hello, Join us over at  Gecko Galz Blog  and get your craft on with our theme for this month, Victorian Fantasy! Great prizes to be won, an...