Friday, November 1, 2019

One Of A Kind Circus Ringmaster Hat TMC4U Nov 1 2019


November 1 2019

Welcome Back Friends,

Robin here with TaylorMadeCards4U. This month project has been one of my favorite to create as a
member of the inspiration team.

My maternal great grandma ran away and joined the circus when she was 14 years old. She was a costume designer and stayed on with the circus till she get married! I can remember listening to many stories told by my grand grandma, about traveling with the circus. Must be why I love the circus so much!



I began my project by painting the rim of a cardboard ringmaster type top hat. While the paint was drying, I cut out all the the piece from the Passport To Circus kit. and then punched many circles from the scraps remaining from the kit and from my stash. I then began designing my hat.

I used a mache hat that I had in my stash, white glue and a few scraps of paper that matched the color scheme for the circles on the brim of the hat.

Check Out my finished Ring Master Hat!




Didn't the addition of circles to the brim of the hat, just finish it off?? !

Thank You for visiting and as always I appreciate your kind comments.

Until Next Time........

Robin

12 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW! Great creativity and finished project! My only questions is can you wear it? LOL?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, maybe you could wear it! Thank You so very much!

      Delete
  2. How tall is this hat? I have some small paper maches, but mine might not be big enough to use. I love this - Its awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ronda, 5 inches tall, 4 1/2 inches across the top of the hat and about 7 inches across the bottom. If you create one please tag me, I would to see it!!! And Thank you for your kind comment!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks - I saw that Amazon has them that size. So I may have one in my future.

      Delete
    3. OH!! Please share when you get it done!!!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous hat!!! So fun and creative! What a great idea :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Janie! Thanks a bunch! ANd thank you so much for your continued support!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, what a cool story...I would love to hear more! Your project is FABU Robin! 🤩

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Wendy! Rumor has it I am a carbon company of great grandma! She was such a live out person for her time. I was 12 when she passed and my memories are still bright and clear about her. She was the Portage Hotels live in interior decorator, a tarot card reader, march to hear own drum person, not only in her persona,however in her fashion sense, her decorating, and zest for life!

      Delete
  6. This is absolutely fantastic! So much complexity and effort! Love it! Great job, as always! hugs :*

    ReplyDelete

Gecko Galz November Challenges....Victorian Fantasy

 Hello, Join us over at  Gecko Galz Blog  and get your craft on with our theme for this month, Victorian Fantasy! Great prizes to be won, an...