Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Taylormadecards4u-Fathers Day Passport Kit- May 15 2019

May 15 2019

Taylormadecards4u Fathers Day Passport Kit-Gone Fishin

Welcome Back Friends,

My father has been gone a long time, 21 years this August. However, I have the dearest memories of him, I will carry forever. He was a firefighter/paramedic for the city of Akron Ohio for 30 some years. He loved his job. and was good at it. As a kid, I had no idea, of course, all that went with his job. The stress and hard work are what I suppose lead to a escape . He loved to veggie garden and fishing was a regular for him. I have some wonderful memories of our fishing excursions from beginning to the end. If my father was off on a Sunday, that was our day at the lake, my mother a Sunday school teacher, would remind us that our attempts to catch fish would not be fruitful, because we were absent from church! Funny thing, on Sundays we never had any fish in our bucket.

My Father passed his love off to my son, who is also a firefighter/paramedic for the city of Strongsville and loves to fish with his two sons!  I am so thankful that my father shared his passions with my son, who is now passing them on too my two grandson. Proud mother and grandmother, right here!

As I was working with the Fathers Day Passport kit-Gone Fishin, which can be found here :                           
                                             
                                                         https://www.taylormadecards4u.com/

I enjoyed a walk down memory lane, fun days with my father and recalling my sons and grandsons fishing stories!




I hope your enjoyed my project. Thank You for your support and kind comments. I also wanted to note, I used the Tackle Box and card pattern from Fast Wagon.

Until next time......

Robin


10 comments:

  1. Soooo unique and GORGEOUS!! Love all the details and the whole concept. It is clearly a great project! I am sure your father is watching you from the sky above :) and he is very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Alina! I too believe my father is with me everyday.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful project and great story. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Monica. This kit was so fun to work with!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous creative projects!!! I love them!!! They are awesome :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch, Janie! Thank You for following me and I appreciate your kind comments! I had a wonderful time working with this kit, some many options, it was hard to settle on one project, as you can see!!

      Delete
  4. *clapping* Well done Robin! What a terrific tribute to your dad. It sounds like you made some awesome memories and the tradition continues. Your project is so dang clever. I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You so very much Wendy! You are my idol!!! That means a lot! My Dad was my rock. I miss him, however, I have many great memories, as does my son. My parents were very involved in my son's life, hence his love for fishing, and the many trips they made to fire station to "drive the truck"

    ReplyDelete

Gecko Galz Gothic Challenge for April2024

 Hello ! Did you know https://geckogalzscrapbooking.blogspot.com/ Gecko Galz has monthly challenges and supplies a free image!!! Yes..hurry....