Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Creating with Infinity Engraving Busy Box Steampunk project April 8 2019



Welcome Back Friends,

I have some exciting news to share, I have been chosen to design for Infinity Engraving! I am so excited to be working with this wonderful group of creatives and  Infinity Engravings wonderful and unique products, where the sky is the limit!

Which can be found here:.https://www.etsy.com/shop/CreatingwithIE...

I began my project by painting the box , using acrylic paints doing so in two steps. First coat of the first step was a warm brown that I brushed on all pieces, inside and out covering each piece completely  and let dry. Second coat I used a beige, lightly brushing here and there, being sure to add enough, to add a contrast, but not enough to cover the pieces, and let dry.

Step Two consisted of using a warm amber, which I diluted with a little water on my work surface, lending the paint to be a little more workable on the inside, of one side of my embossing folder, which has cogs and gears. I painted on the amber on the embossing folder and the "stamped" the design everywhere, taking care to move the folder, in different positions to add random cogs and gears. Let dry. The last step of step 2, I used a bright shiny gold acrylic paint, which I diluted the same as above and used a mottled dot stamp, only this time, I used the paint as if it was my stamp pad, and then stamping all over the box, while moving my stamp in different positions, to add interest. Let dry.

To give the box a little more texture, I used a doily stamp and a walnut colored ink and added the last layer to my box, stamping all over the pieces, taking care to move my stamp as in the above instruction.

I repeated the process, on all the pieces to give  the project a cohesive look. I die cut some cogs out and applied the same paint and ink procedure to them to create some "hair".

I added a die cut cog and gear corner piece out of a reddish brown piece of stock and blended walnut ink stain over the top to add some dimension to the piece.

From there is was time to embellish and put the box together. I used small brass brads for the arms, and add a brass bigger brad to inside of one cog for added color, and also, the bit if metallic that is known to show up in steampunk pieces!



Thank You for your interest and I appreciate your kind comments.
Until next time............
Robin





No comments:

Post a Comment

Gecko Galz Gothic Challenge for April2024

 Hello ! Did you know https://geckogalzscrapbooking.blogspot.com/ Gecko Galz has monthly challenges and supplies a free image!!! Yes..hurry....