Friday, April 12, 2019

Jo's Scrap Shack FFC 277 Team B The Cutting Cafe April 12


Welcome Back Friends,

Spring has sprung in northeast Ohio! I have been busy working in my flower beds, preparing for a beautiful season of color, which was the inspiration for my project for Funday Friday Challenge Blog!

I decided to create to create a mixed media small canvas  using the rose buds from The Cutting Cafes Beautiful Roses Set.  I began my project by adding color to the rose buds using Distress Oxides in colors Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber. I stamp the color on my non stick mat and the spritzed with water, taking care to mix the ink with the water to create a water color. I water colored the buds using the spiced marmalade from the base working towards the center fading it out. I then filled in the top of the bud using fossilized amber. Water color the stems using a light green ink. After the buds were dry I went back in with a little spiced marmalade on a eye shadow applicator and blended it for  a darker color at the base of the bud. Set aside to dry. Add more orange and yellow to your work surface adding Fired Brick, spritz with water, mix well. Using a paint brush water color the top 3rd of the canvas with Fired Brick , add orange and yellow to completely cover the canvas. I then went back in with a tissue and dabbed off the colors here and there,added extra texture, set aside to dry.

Fussy cut the buds out, by then your canvas should be dry. Using a pallet knife and a stencil, I used Believe Script stencil 6 x 6 by Balzer Design. Holding down the stencil, cover it in with a mousee, I used Tonic Studios Nuvo Mousse in Spring Green. Carefully remove and clean up the sides of the canvas. I added a little mousee to the top and bottom of my canvas for added texture. Now do to the same to the rose buds.

After the canvas has dried, assemble by adhering buds and then wrapping the canvas a few times with with cotton string, I used DMC Cotton Perle # 8. I gathered up more string and made a bow, tie it on.




Give the project a try! and make sure to tag me in it!

Thank You for visiting, check back often, and as always, thank you for our kind comments.

Until next time........
Robin

2 comments:

  1. Robin this canvas piece is gorgeous! The colors are so vibrant and scream spring! You used the roses in a way I never would have thought to use them. I absolutely love the script stencil that you used as well. stencils are so fun! This is a beautiful piece of art hun! I hope you have a wonderful weekend and get some more crafting time in!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You So much!!!! I got lost in this project, so good for my soul!

      Delete

Gecko Galz Gothic Challenge for April2024

 Hello ! Did you know https://geckogalzscrapbooking.blogspot.com/ Gecko Galz has monthly challenges and supplies a free image!!! Yes..hurry....