Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Sea of Dreams, Double Stacked ATC Cube

 Hello Friends,

I can't believe it is almost the end of July! My family has been on vacation to the beach, and looking ahead for school to start in August. I will be going to the beach in December, to see me cousins in Florida! I am getting excited! 

When I think of the beach, it is sun, sand, shells, and of course mermaids, which was my inspiration for my projects for Gecko Galz this month.

I used the beautiful Mermaids Dreams Junk Journal Kit for both my projects! Yes there are more then enough images in this kit for 2 projects!


I began by painting my two, 2 inch blocks, while my paint was drying I cut all of the images out. I then cut mats for each image, and inked all edges of the images and the mats. I adhered the images to the mats and used a stencil and added walnut ink here and there on each image. After deciding placement on the cubes, I adhered an image on all 4 sides times 2 cubes. Next adhere the cubes together, I used a hot glue gun for this step. I then made my embellishments for the top cube. I recycled a small ribbon spool by adding cotton twine to it. I adhered a cog to the top of the spool, and carefully fussy cut the the Octopus frame out and added one of the sentiments from the kit. I hot glued a toothpick to the back of the frame and then hot glue the toothpick sign in the center of ribbon spool. I then filled a tiny bottle with sand, tied a little cotton twine to the neck of the bottle, and hot glued it in place. Added some small shells and silica beads for added texture. Save the little packs, that are stuck in products to keep them dry, that is where the silica beads come from!! Lastly I added 4 big beads for feet on my bottom cube.





                              My next project is always a fun card to make, a Waterfall Card,






                    I hope you enjoyed my work, thank you for stopping by, and be sure to visit again!

                                                                               Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gecko Galz Gothic Challenge for April2024

 Hello ! Did you know https://geckogalzscrapbooking.blogspot.com/ Gecko Galz has monthly challenges and supplies a free image!!! Yes..hurry....