Thursday, November 5, 2020

Great Grandma's Grimore Book

 Welcome Back Friends,

I have some exciting news! I was invited to join the Design team at This Is Halloween blog !!! I have loved Halloween since I was a kid! It also helps that my Great Grandma had a love for all things mysterious and her daughter, my Grandma, had a love for all things Halloween!  It is rumored that Great Grandma had a gift! My Grandma, tried to ignore that part about her Mom. My Mom remembers that she, as a little girl would beg to spend the night with her Grandma, and her Mom would always say, " you don't need to be in the middle of her magic" That is all my Mom remembers, she is 84!!

I decided on creating a Book of Grimore's , that maybe my Great Grandma had, who knows? 

Using 2 sheets of 12 x 12  kraft paper I created the book. No hard rules here on size, as I used mostly used fun scraps and bits in pieces I had in my stash to put together this project. I save most everything! You never know you may need a little of this and a little of that!

 

                                            


I used a scrap for the binding, Tim Holtz, Apothecary Bottles, die cut, and cut out the 3 bottles from some scrap that was dry embossed with a script embossing folder. I always used some fern and seed pods, that were in my stash. The label I created by rounded the corners of a piece of kraft paper, penned the title and mounted that to a blank recipe card that came with a set, I will mention a little further down. Inked all edges with walnut ink, and left a few watermarks in walnut ink made with a ribbon core.


I created different pockets and tucks for the inside of my book, making then to fit my size of book. This was easy to, I uig through my scrap bin and then trim them up! Remember ink all edges with walnut ink! This is my first page, I created a book marker out of some scrap and tied a hemp pull on it, yep that was a scrap!

The very cool recipe cards I used came from Chocolaterabbit on Etsy. I love her stuff! I trimmed out all the recipe cards and inked all edges. 



My next page has a delish recipe for Rat Stew! It is noted the recipe is Aunt Gerties! I add 2 photos of Aunt Gertie one at a very young age, and one later on in life. Check out Gecko Galz shop on Etsy, and search for The Witches, college set, if you want to add witches to your book.





Here we are at the middle of my book, I used the Snake Oil recipe card here, and few more photos of The Witches, to pull out and admire! Remember ink all edges for that fab aged look. On the next page are recipes for a Pumpkin Hot Pot and for dessert, Halloween Pie, perfect for when some of the gals from the coven come over for dinner, a fire and a full moon ceremony!



Every Good Witch has special spells and potions! Here are two, I would like to try out! LOL!



                   Lastly, a pocket full of extra recipes, the ones the gals, are always asking for a copy of!

                                I hope you have enjoyed my book, I sure did enjoy creating it


Thank You for visiting and I appreciate any kind comments you would like to leave

Until Next Time......

Robin

6 comments:

  1. Thank You so very much for your kind comment, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new DT role, Robin. Your booklet is wonderfully crafted! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new DT, my friend! Happy to be following you again! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Nancy!! I am trying to keep up with al my wonderful crafty friends too!!

      Delete

Gecko Galz November Challenges....Victorian Fantasy

 Hello, Join us over at  Gecko Galz Blog  and get your craft on with our theme for this month, Victorian Fantasy! Great prizes to be won, an...