Saturday, August 31, 2019

A Perfect Time To Craft Sheepski Designs Duplicity Sep 1 2019


Welcome Back Friends,

I am so excited to share my project with you for A Perfect Time To Craft Challenge Blog for the month of  September ! Our fabulous sponser for this month can be found here:  Sheepski Designs



                                         Duplicity- ties, hypocritical, cunning or deception.



                                    I love to work with different and unexpected images.

I recycled a plaque I had found at my area thrift store. It is black and turned backwards it the perfect glass less shadow box!

I began by going through my stash of patterned paper and found the perfect back ground for my projects. I adhered it to the inside back of the plaque.

I used Tom Holtz Distress Oxide in Antique Paper, using my sponge blender, I covered the image, taking care to leave the edges darker and working into lighter color towards the center. I then added a thin coat, quickly brushing on a layer of crackle. Hoping when it dried I had added dimension and it worked!

After the skull was dried, I fussy cut it out, leaving the rose and butterfly intact. I printed a second copy of the image, and fussy cut the rose and the butterfly from the image. I then colored the rose using a eye shadow applicator sponge taking care to have deeper color on the petals toward the center and working the color out, using Tim Holtz Fire Brick Distress Ink, I did the same application on the butterfly using, Tim Holtz Broken China, Seedless Preserves, and Worn Lipstick.

After the rose and butterfly were dry, I used a script stencil from The Crafters Workshop and  green mousse from Nuvo, for another element in my design.

After all the pieces were dry, I pop dotted the skull, the rose and the butterfly, for a one of a kind project, that fits the definition of Duplicity.

Thank You for your continued support and of course I appreciate your kind comments.

Until next time.........

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gecko Galz Gothic Challenge for April2024

 Hello ! Did you know https://geckogalzscrapbooking.blogspot.com/ Gecko Galz has monthly challenges and supplies a free image!!! Yes..hurry....