Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Happy Craft Challenge Blog Off The Page -Vintage August 1 2019


Welcome Back Friends,

This is my first post since joining Happy Craft Challenge Blog which can be found here:
/Happy Craft Challenge Blog   Check out the blog for wonderful inspiration and consider entering our challenges!

I am on Team C, the "off the page" design team! So exciting! This months theme is Vintage. I chose to work a fabulous unicorn from Fabrika Fantasy, be sure to stop by their store and check out their wonderful digis!  Fabrika Fantasy

I love to recycle found items, I found in my stash a Christmas canvas that had the prettiest sage green background, I grabbed that and went to work.




I first began by making my background paper, which I used as my mat. I started with 12 x 12 piece of kraft stock. I then picked out 4 colors from my acrylic paint stash. I wanted a bit of gold, to tie in the mane of the unicorn. The other colors were a umber, a tan, and then finally a latte color. I brushed on the colors starting with the darkest and working through the tan and the ended with the latte. After that dried I watered down the gold a bit with water and used a doily stamp, to pick up the paint and stamped my back ground here and there. Set aside to dry.

I fussy cut the unicorn out and used a sponge blender with Tim Holtzs Antique Linen Distress ink and colored in the unicorn. I then inked the edges with Walnut Stain from Tim Holtzs Distress Ink line. Set aside to dry.

I next cut my mat from my background paper and adhered it to the canvas, making sure to cover up the Christmas design. As my glue was drying, I die cut flowers using Tim Holtz Tattered flowers die, from kraft, sage green and a scrap of my background paper. I ink the edges of the flowers and leaves with walnut ink.

Now for the fun part! I began by adhering my unicorn, centered in the mat. I then put my flowers together and laid them out how I wanted then. I then glues then down, I punched out photo corners, inked the edges and adhered them to the 4 corners.  I punched out a few swirls and worked them into my flowers for a little more flair., and finished the flowers off with brown flat backed pearls for the centers.

I hope I have inspired you to recycle a canvas you may have into a one of a kind piece of art!

Thank You for visiting and as always I appreciate your kind comments.

Until next time.............

Robin

2 comments:

  1. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. Social bookmarking

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very welcome. Happy to have inspired you.

    ReplyDelete

Gecko Galz Gothic Challenge for April2024

 Hello ! Did you know https://geckogalzscrapbooking.blogspot.com/ Gecko Galz has monthly challenges and supplies a free image!!! Yes..hurry....