Monday, February 22, 2021

Upcycled Tins with Gecko Galz

 Welcome Back Friends,

It is my day on the Gecko Galz Blog. I wanted to share with you a cute project I made using the Retro Jewel It Set, to create a couple of catch all tins! These two tins sit on my dressing table, one holds pins to my hot rollers and the other is empty as of yet.


                                                                       Isn't this set so darn cute??

Here's what I did, I cleaned up the tins, removing any adhesive and wiped them down and dried them. After printing out the images I wanted use. I punched out background paper to cover the top of the tin, then punch out the images I choose to use. Adhere the background paper and the image to the top of the tins. Here's where it gets fun, time to embellish! The sky's the limit here. You could run beads around the edge of the top, add flowers, pearls, ribbon, you name it! I added a thin layer of clear sealant on top of the tin for a little shine and protection from wear and tear.



Thanks for visiting, until next time....

Robin

2 comments:

  1. Lovely tins Robin. I'm sure it won't take you long to find something to put in the other one. I like that they co-ordinate with each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so very much Suze! I had fun creating them!!!

      Delete

Gecko Galz November Challenges....Victorian Fantasy

 Hello, Join us over at  Gecko Galz Blog  and get your craft on with our theme for this month, Victorian Fantasy! Great prizes to be won, an...