Friday, October 22, 2021

A Beautiful Death Gecko Galz

 Hello,

It is my favorite time of year! I love Fall, not only for the cooler weather, and gorgeous color show, Mother Nature provides, it is time to celebrate Halloween! Even as a kid I love Halloween, that might have something to do with my maternal Grandmas and there love for all things Halloween! As a very young girl, I can remember our huge family production, my Grandma name "Pumpkin Day"! The day started out by going to a local farm and picking our pumpkin to carve, Back home to clean the pumpkins and start the day long process of carving, enjoying each other and devouring homemade pizza and desserts galore! At the end of the day, we would lite or creations, turn out the lights and ohh and aww, over our creative selves ! Such family fun!!

Keeping with the Halloween spirit of all things spooky and creepy, I chose to work with the fabulous digi set,  Beautiful Death.



I created 3 canvases using different images. I first painted the canvases black, allow to dry and then stenciled wording on the canvas, using sand texture paste set, aside to dry. While the texture paste was drying, I die cut three different shapes out of heavy black card stock. I wanted these to give each canvas an appearance of a head stone. After my tops were cut I applied sand texture paste from the jar, using my finger, hoping it blended well with the look of the wording.  I first matted each image on black and white lace heavy paper. Trimmed out my images and rounded the corners, and inking the edges. I added dimension by pop dotting my images on top of the lace paper cut outs .I finished off each project, with flower embellishments, I created and stretchy cob web. What do you think??








With plenty of images left from this unique set, I created a second project using a lined journal. and a book mark to complete the journal set. 






Thank You for stopping bye,

Robin

2 comments:

  1. Thank You so very much, Michele! Please be sure to visit starting this Thurday Oct 28 - Oct 31!! Gecko Galz is hosting a blog hop and I the second stop! If you visit all 16 of us, you can collect a Full size free digi sheet of of Gecko Galz images!! There will be instructions on my blog! Thanks for your visit!!

    ReplyDelete

Gecko Galz Gothic Challenge for April2024

 Hello ! Did you know https://geckogalzscrapbooking.blogspot.com/ Gecko Galz has monthly challenges and supplies a free image!!! Yes..hurry....