Monday, April 22, 2019

Creating with Infinity Engraving Medallion April 22 2019


Welcome Back Friends,

Spring has sprung in northeast Ohio, however it is still chilly. I am hoping for a bright sunny, but cool summer! Which brings me to the inspiration for my project for the end of April, with Infinity Engraving. I am very effected by the moon, not that I go nuts, like we are lead to believe, but, I am pulled towards the moon. We have had a few beautiful full moons already! I am excited for the show!




Here is the link to medallion I used, be sure to check out the whole collection!
 https://www.etsy.com/listing/676845092/wing-medallion-chipboard-shaker-box?ref=listing-shop-header-0

Here's what I did:

I gave all the pieces a coat of white acrylic paint. I then used the Galaxy Technique for the body of the medallion. Using dubbers, I brushed on yellow, blue, bright pink, and orange ink, here and there to cover the piece. Then using black ink and a dubber, I brush on black ink here and there filling in ant white spaces and blending it out a bit. I then gave the piece of spritz of water to blend the colors a bit more. I then laid a tissue over the project and pick up the water here and there. Set a side to dry.

As for the sun, I again dubbed on yellow and orange, blend a bit to remove any harsh lines. Apply embossing ink to the tips of one side of the sun and emboss. I used Brutus Monroe's Fire embossing powder, you could mix a little yellow, orange and red and get the same look.

The moon was created by stamping Lavinia's full moon on to white stock, using embossing ink and then silver embossing powder. I went a step further and double embossed the moon a second time using Lawn Fawns Glow in  the Dark embossing powder, for a little night time fun!

Finally, using a flourish  stamp and  silver embossing powder. add some flourishes to the body of the medallion. Assemble, tie in a ribbon and done!


Thank You for visiting and for your continued support and kind comments.

Until next time.........
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gecko Galz Gothic Challenge for April2024

 Hello ! Did you know https://geckogalzscrapbooking.blogspot.com/ Gecko Galz has monthly challenges and supplies a free image!!! Yes..hurry....