Thursday, December 3, 2020

Two Sister's Mermaid Scale Elixir

 Welcome Back Friends,

Robin here with This Is Halloween Challenge Blog! Consider getting your craft on and create a project and enter our monthly challenges. 

I have loved Halloween since I was a kid, truth be told it is the only holiday I can be myself ! LOL And I won't scare anyone away. 

I created a upcycle project this month using a empty root beer bottle, the mesh bag that once hold my onions, and a fabulous image from Lilli Rain Designs , Halloween Cutie Set.



I began by hot gluing the onion sack to the bottom of my bottle. you glue gun and the glue stick in it need to be screaming hot, to adhere the net to the glass. I was going for a john don look, bottles that are wrapped in jute found filled with shells ot hangin off a dock.

 I used a wavy rectangle die cut to cut out my image. Using TH Vintage Photo ink,I inked the edges and then stamped on my glass surface, I sprayed a very small amount of water into the ink, and splattered tiny ink droplets and finally laying the image in the mixture here and there. Allow the image to dry completely before working with it again. 

I stamp out the label Elixir, fussy cut it out and then punch out a label, running a black sharpie around the edges to match the elixir label and then scrawled Two Sister's Mermaid Scales on the label.

While the tags were drying, adhere the net using hot glue to the neck of the bottle. I chose to leave some net not adhered completely down at the top of the bottle for more of a worn look.

I wrapper very thin leather cord around the neck of the bottle at the base, and then again at the very top, for finished look, securing the ends with a little hot glue.

From there embellishing the bottle was left, adhere all the labels where you want them. Finish of the look with a few tiny shells and some mermaid scales! I used a few pieces of frozen opals, that I have had for a long while, however, you could use anything to make your own scales.

Thank You for visiting,

Robin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gecko Galz Gothic Challenge for April2024

 Hello ! Did you know https://geckogalzscrapbooking.blogspot.com/ Gecko Galz has monthly challenges and supplies a free image!!! Yes..hurry....