Monday, June 1, 2020

Masculine Horse Redwood Home Decor & Feminine Decor GG June 2020

 Welcome Back Friends,

Robin here, sharing my projects for the Gecko Galz Blog, for June, The Color of Summer. I have always been fascinated with horses, however, my experience with them has been few. Both times I attempted to ride a horse ended up with me being dumped in the lake at church camp, and the 2nd year, bravely trying again, resulted in my horse running a muck, through a very weedy, woody field just outside the riding ring.

Ok so I am not a country girl ! But, when I laid my eyes on these digi collage sheets from Gecko Galz Etsy Shop, I knew I had to work with them.

I love to use found objects in my creations and projects, after downloading, Horseing Around College Set, I went through my blanks looking for just the right piece, Let me know if you think I did!!



This a piece of Redwood from California, that I happen to find at my favorite resell store!

I tore out the horse images I wanted to use, inked the edges heavy with walnut stain ink. I adhere the 3 images, taking care to burnish the edges down good. From there I sifted through my wood beads, and do dads, and found these beauties, that compliment my piece!

I fell in love so much with this set of Horses, I decide to create a second project.

Again I went shopping in my blanks and found what I call a box frame. It was already white, so I just cleaned it up a bit and began with trimming out the horse images I wanted to use.  I was feeling the wildness, and free spirit of the images I picked, which sent me on the hunt for a patterned piece of paper that was map like. After trimming the background paper and adhering it, I went to work building up the images so they would be raised off the background at different heights. Moving the images till I found what I liked, I adhered them in place. I stamped and trimmed out the sentiments and adhered above and below the images. After taking the piece all in, I went on a hunt for something, not sure what, but I founded it in my trim box. I hot glued the eyelash trim around the frame, finishing the project off.


Thank You for visiting and as always I appreciate your kind comments.

Until Next Time......

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gecko Galz Gothic Challenge for April2024

 Hello ! Did you know https://geckogalzscrapbooking.blogspot.com/ Gecko Galz has monthly challenges and supplies a free image!!! Yes..hurry....