Thursday, March 26, 2020

How to make a Steampunk Altered Paint Brush.


Welcome Back Friends,

Robin here with ScraPerfect Blog, sharing my altered paintbrush, I created using The Best Ever Glue,
the quick stick glue for paper crafting.




Supplies: The Best Ever Glue
                 Paintbrush
                 Foam Brush
                 Stamps of your choice
                 Card Stock - Kraft
                 Paint
                 Word die cut
                  Embossing powder
                 Hot Glue Gun
                 Heat Gun

Here is what I did: I started out by creating my background paper. I used a 12x 12 piece of heavy stock. Using the foam brush, I brushed in haphazard strokes,  the darkest of the 3 colors I choose.
A dark tan, let dry, brush on the second color, light beige, let dry. Lastly, I used a doily stamp I had dipped in gold paint and stamped the entire sheet. Let dry.  I cut out a tag from heavy stock and covered the tag with my background paper.

I painted the paintbrush and bristles. Using a hot gun I dried the brushes and the bristles, which gives the paintbrush a worn look.

I punched out a large oval from kraft and black polka dotted paper, adhered it to the tag. using The Best Glue Ever.

I stamped the hot air balloon on kraft paper, fussy cut it out and layered it over the oval.

I die cut the word journey out 4 times using kraft paper, stacked and glued them together using The Best Glue Ever, and then heat embossed the word. The word then adhered over the hot air balloon.

I stamped two pieces of ephemera onto the background paper, fussy cut them out.

I finished up by hot gluing all the pieces together for a very cool altered paintbrush!

Thank You for visiting and as always I appreciate your kind comments.

Until Next Time.....

Robin






No comments:

Post a Comment

Gecko Galz Gothic Challenge for April2024

 Hello ! Did you know https://geckogalzscrapbooking.blogspot.com/ Gecko Galz has monthly challenges and supplies a free image!!! Yes..hurry....